Home

Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm sorry

Today when I came in from school, Moma was lying down. About an hour later, I heard her coming (the cane isn't clicking as loud as it used to). She went straight to Rebekah. I heard her say, "Forgive me....(Rebekah is looking crazy) Forgive me if I've done anything to make you mad" Rebekah said, "Okay..." Then she made her way to me....same tale. I said, "Moma, you haven't made me mad (today anyway). Even if I was mad at you, I'd get over it". She said, "I don't want to die with that in my heart". (Okay, you know I couldn't resist) I said, "Moma....are you dying?" She said, "I don't feel like it" in that same voice she says "Whaaaat?" in. I said, "Well, ok, I was just checking." Then she proceeded to tell me that she ain't crazy, and that Sherry has her bank book, and that everything she had was made out to us. And then she said, "But right now, I'm hungry, and I want you to get me something to eat".
That's about right.

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

Sweet lil Moma!! Reminds me so much of my parents. They would always apologize for everything. I remember the year that mother had to be hospitalized on Christmas Day. I know she apologized 100 times for ruining everyone's Christmas. It's been a year now since she died...I miss her so much. Enjoy Moma.