Home

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We'll order some flowers

I love nights like tonight when Moma has a "sitcom" moment. Tonight, she was obviously in Sunday School. They were trying to do something for Dorthy Payton's funeral. (Sidebar: Dorthy Payton was one of Moma's friends when I was very young. I had a thing for rocks and pebbles thanks to Cousin Cliff and his rubbing rocks, and Dorthy loved them too. She always gave me one. Enough!) She was calling the class to order. She took up money, and asked someone to please please help them order flowers for Dorthy. Then they wanted to go to the funeral but they didn't have a way, so she was trying to convince someone to take them. Then, she told someone to "GET OUT!!!" Maybe they were in the car, because she then said, "Get out so I can get out".
You know, the funny thing to me is this. She mentions tons of people from her past-sisters, her mamma, friends, her children...but she never mentions my Papa. I don't get it.
She has been very lost lately. Very confused. Today she kept telling me "Something is wrong with me", but she is just more lost every day. I am not sure how long God plans to leave her here in this little worn out body, but I pray that she will stay healthy as long as she is on this earth.

No comments: