Home

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trees Beware!

Have I ever blogged about the amount of paper products my grandmother consumes? She uses at least (and no I am not exaggerating) 8-10 napkins every meal! She will blow her nose on one, wipe her mouth on another, wad one into a little tight ball, fold and put another one in her pocket. She wipes at the table with one, she puts one in her lap. I won't discuss what she coughs up or spits into one. Oh, and don't forget what she swipes off her plate to sneak to my dogs. And how precious is it when she shakes the crumbs from one (into the floor) and folds and smooths it and places it back into the napkin basket?? How precious is that? I've never seen anything like it in my life. On to tissue (or Kleenex as we say in the south). She goes through a LARGE box of tissue about every 10 days (Vaseline too but that isn't paper). I'm afraid to know what goes on with all the tissue. Now she loves her a paper towel. She'll wrap one around her drink cup. She'll wet one and wipe her face and hands. She wants to use them for pot holders for some reason. But she uses nothing like she uses toilet paper. I buy a 12 roll pack of Scot at least 3 times a month. Yes, I have 3 bathrooms but the bathroom that I share with her houses at least 10 of the 12 rolls. She rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls it around her hand. Does she wipe off the seat when she has left a present there? Oh no....she leaves that for me. On to diapers....she is up to a bag per every 2-3 days. And sidebar...she now drops the wet ones down the laundry shoot. Precious. On her own, she wipes out a small forest every day. Plant a tree in Moma's honor. God save the trees.

No comments: