Home

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"She ignores me"

Yesterday, Moma kept telling me, "She ignores me" referring to my daughter, Rebekah. I kept on telling her that she is just a teenager and that is how teenagers act, not to take it personally. Well, Moma is constantly hollering out at people as they pass by her room (even the dogs...), so as I headed to the basement, she hollered, "HEY! WHERE ARE YOU GOING???" So, I had to turn around, and tell her (and you don't tell her once, you repeat it several times to her "Huh?"). Later, I was at the computer and Moma was in the bathroom. Rebekah came through, and she yells out, "HEY! Where are you going? (no response) HEY! I said, where are you going?" Now Rebekah claims that she did not hear her, but anyway....I heard Moma say to herself, "I know it ain't none of my business, and to be honest, I don't give a damn where you are going or what you do". I about fell out of my chair. You never know what she will say. Note to self: do not take her to church at this point.

Would like to congratulate Jerrell Harris on his signing with the University of Alabama today (although I had so hoped he'd sign with Auburn). He and Bek have gone to school together since Kindergarten. I have sense enough to know he'll never read this, but he is just another kid that I am proud of! What a great kid! I have enjoyed watching you grow up, Jerrell!

No comments: