Home

Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Dog May Never Forgive Me

Today I decided to trim my Pekinese's hair. So I took him out on the back steps and started cutting. He was matted in a few places, and this was taking a bit longer than I anticipated, so I decided to get out the clippers. Now, I clip his hair in the summer, so I know how. I am not good by any means, but I get the job done. So, anyway, to do this, we needed to move to the deck. In the process of getting it all ready, Moma decides to come out to watch. She began her usual grunting in rhythm, then it began to be growls. It normally doesn't bother me as bad as it does the rest of the family, but today it was like fingernails you know where. The more she growled the more I clipped. So now the dog looks like a summer hair cut gone bad. I tried to straighten it up but it kept getting worse. She kept saying, "Cut it some more" and "He looks better, but you need to cut more". I was gritting my teeth and biting my tongue. When I finally gave up, she looked at him and said, "She shagged you up!" I wanted to throw my 94 year old grandmother off the deck into the yard below.

Later, I'll post yesterday's coo-coo for cocoa puffs adventure to the doctor. I need to apologize to the dog now.

No comments: