Home

Monday, February 18, 2008

My Turn

Sunday was my turn to go to church. Kerry and I split it up so we don't both miss or one of us miss all the time. Anyway, today was my turn, and I got up and got ready. I left her eating breakfast. When I came in from church, Kerry greeted me with "Boy, I have had a day!". He said Moma came to him and asked for some pads. He tried to explain to her that she doesn't use those anymore, that she wears those "pants" (Depends). She argued and argued, but he told her to keep those on until I got home. Then she asked for a "slop jar" because she has some kidney problems. He took her to her bedroom and showed her the bedside potty. She said, "Oh is that what that is?" So, after his tales of her morning escapades, I went down the hall to check on her. She was sitting naked as the day she was born (with the exception of blue fuzzy house shoes) on the toilet wringing her hands. The bathroom floor was soaking wet and her "pants" were in the floor. Precious. While trying to clean her up, I picked up the Depends from the floor and she snatched it and slung it (remember it was SOAKED, so you-know-what went everywhere) into the bathtub. Give me strength.
Sunday night, she came into the den, and yelled, "WHAT ARE Y'ALL DOING IN MY HOUSE?" Sweet.
Lord, give me what I need to endure this. As she used to say, "Lord, what I can't enjoy, let me endure".

No comments: