Home

Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Moma's oldest son was my daddy. He was born September 15th, 1928. He would be 80 years old now. He was very important to the girls in his life. His grandma (my great, Moma's mother) was a driving force behind him. He loved her better than life itself. She prayed for his salvation. She must have been precious. I wish I could have known her. His mother, my Moma, was very important to him. He loved her very much and felt he needed to protect her and take care of her, especially after my Papa died. She leaned on him for everything! Then, my precious Mother loved him so very much. He was her life. She adored him. You could see her eyes light up when he came into a room. Finally, his daughters feared him, but in a good way. We knew he meant business, but that every demand he put on us was for our own good. We adored him! He was always FOR us! He raised me at Auburn football games, Emma Sansom High School sports (his alma mater and mine). When I found out I was pregnant the last time, all he said was "I want a girl". I gave him one. He was so proud of our little Rebekah. The day she was born, he went to a florist and had a special pink bow made for my door, because the ones at the hospital were not special enough! She was the last girl in his life. God called him home Oct. 22, 1990. She was 5 months old. I could not let this day pass without reflecting on my precious Daddy. I love you and miss you so very much! Because education was so important to you for us, I have dedicated my higher ed. to you. I use my maiden name as part of my legal name in your honor. I love you Daddy, and I am sorry I didn't tell you enough.

Moma has been so mobile and rambling for the last 4 days that I am about to go crazy! So today, when she asked for her daily request of Tylenol, I gave her a sleeping pill (calm down, a very mild one). She slept all of 20 minutes! Sigh........................the sitter comes tomorrow.

No comments: