Home

Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Birthday

This was worthy of a post all by itself. Today is Moma's 95th birthday! Although she really didn't feel up to par, she turned 95 today regardless. She got a "Listenup amp" to help her with TV watching and a new pair of house shoes. We had lunch from Uncle Sam's. She didn't feel like going out, so I went and got it. For the most part, she was a really good girl, passive and gentle.

Happy Birthday Moma! Thank you for all the times you kept me when Momma was working. Thanks for taking me to piano lessons, picking me up from school, and teaching me to iron. Thank you for teaching me to shoot basketball, pitch a baseball, shoot marbles and jump rope. Thank you for loving me and being so patient with me when I was most unlovable and unkind. For all life's lessons, I am grateful. I learned by your example to be loving and giving. I watched you pick up little old lady after little old lady and take them to church. We took your sisters, 2 who could not drive, to pay bills, go to the cemetery, and out to eat. You made sure that I had Jesus in my heart, and constantly reminded me to keep my sins under the Blood. For all the songs we sang and all the games of Old Maids we played, I am thankful. Thanks to your example, I love animals of all kind and flowers and plants. I finally learned to crochet, even though you couldn't teach me because you are left handed and I am right handed. You turned me on to Dr. Pepper. You bought me a Madam Alexander doll (which I still have) and my first watch (Cinderella), which I also still have. And for my high school graduation, you bought me the most beautiful dinner ring. You have always been there for me. I want to be there for you now in your time of need. Forgive me when I don't live up to your par. You are my example.

No comments: