Home

Friday, June 20, 2008

Catch up time

Wow! I haven't posted in nearly a week! My loyal readers must be wondering what has happened! My loyal readers total 3, maybe 4. lol



A few evenings ago, I was coming out of the bathroom (which is next to Moma's bedroom), and I heard her say, "Stan' up! Stan' up all of you!". Now this caught my attention as I love her sleepy time talks! (I especially have fond memories of the family reunion one, scroll back if you haven't read that entry). I listened a few minutes when I realized that she was having school, but I still haven't figured out her roll. She was not the teacher or the principal, but yet, I am not sure she was a student either. Needless to say, I ran down the hall to get Kerry. As we hurried back, we had to assure Tubby (the dog) that we were not going to hurt her, he was about to bark and stop all the fun! This is what we heard: ...the order may not be right, but you'll get the idea

Stan' up! Stan' up all of you!

This beats all I ever seen. (mumbled something)

Teacher! I want you to put a D on ever one of their cards!

You're ruining your schooling is what your doing! (mumble)

Well, I'll just ask the principal. (mumble)

Sit down! Sit down! SIT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1...2....3...SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we have any volunteers?

(lots of mumbling)

I ain't never seen such!

It was so precious! We were in that hallway laughing so hard but holding it in. It was like getting tickled in church.

Yesterday, she woke up the sweetest, most humble, passive little old lady. She wasn't grunting or growling. She was smiling that sad lost smile. She ate her breakfast in silence. When she finished, she looked up at me (sitting next to her struggling with a statistics problem) and said, "Are we any kin?" God love her. So we conversed about our family, and I had to remind her that she knew that her sisters were dead, and yes, she had attended their funerals. But then, she talked about Grandpa being such a good daddy. I have never in my 49 years heard that. We were discussing that she hides her money and then forgets where she hid it. She said she got that from her momma, that she hid money from Grandpa, because he drank so much. Then again, she proceeded to tell me what a good daddy he was. She did not give a lot of details but I have never heard her say he was a good father. Only how much she loved him. Of course, the princess reign actually began with Grandpa and her brother Charlie.

I have a personal favor for my devoted readers and friends. Please pray about a situation that I cannot go into great details about in this public forum. All I can tell you is the word attitude. And no, not mine. Thanks!

It's weekend college weekend, so I may not check back in for a day or two. Have a great weekend!

No comments: