Home

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Again?

She fell again.

How much longer can this go on? She is so feeble.

This is not my sassy little grandmother! NO! I refuse to believe she knows what is going on. My grandmother would die if she didn't bathe every day, or brush her teeth several times a day, or have sparkling clean clothes. My grandmother paid $75 for a pair of shoes that didn't match ANYTHING she owned, then bought the purse to match. She planned her outfits around her shoes and purses! Now, that is what I'm talking about. By the way, the $75 shoes were bought in the late 70's, so today......wow! She had taste!

When I was a little girl, I would go with my grandmother to visit the sick from her church. I remember this one little lady who always had money tied up in a handkerchief. She would always give me a dime. Now even then, a dime didn't mean much to me, but looking back, I see that she had a giving spirit not seen much today. My Moma was a servant. She visited the sick, carried little old women to church, paid her tithes and then some, and did whatever she could for God. She even promised God that if he would let her get her driver's license, she'd dedicate it to His service. AND SHE DID! Now, don't paint this dark and ask what her church is doing for her. I'd have to answer "not one thing". Par....

I love my Moma, but I have lost the real Moma. This empty tent that lives in my house is smelly, and senile, unpleasant most of the time, and miserable. I never want to hear again what a blessing it is to live to be that old, it isn't.

She is due her glorified body!

No comments: