Home

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Greetings from the Looney Bin

Today has been Looney Tunes day. She was supposed to have a beauty shop appointment today, but she said she didn't need to go. Now, mind you, this hair is all over the place, but she doesn't need to go. I called the girl who does her hair, and she said that was fine, but if she changed her mind, she could come tomorrow. The day went south fast!

I am in the process of setting up a bedroom for her in my house, so I had much to do today, as I want to have at least one of my Christmas trees up by this weekend because I have 2 papers and a proposal to turn in very soon. She was in my way, asking inappropriate questions, going through things, etc. She was very "4 year old" like today. While I was vacuuming her room, she held up her comb, and said, "Brush my hair". I said that I would after I finished, but she seems to have forgotten how tender headed she is, a comb will NEVER do.

She took a short nap and I was able to get some laundry done. Also, while she slept, I went and got our lunch. She woke and ate, and was as lost as a goose. I talked her into taking a bath. Wow! I thought that would make her feel better! When I was a little girl, I can remember her bathing in a big claw foot tub full of water to the top! She loved her bath, and I do too! I know I learned to appreciate the therapy of a bath from her. Sorry about the flashback. I watched her soap herself 3 times in every area of her body. She had me scrub her back twice. She is really itching lately with her psoriasis, so I thought a bath would help. When I finally got her out and dressed, she started saying, "I don't feel right". She never could describe it but began to shake and moan. (Don't panic, she is and has always been a Broadway drama queen!) She prayed awhile, then she asked me to pray over her. She wanted the preacher called to pray. I gave her 1/2 of her "little nerve pill". When I left for class, she was dozing off.

I got home around 9ish, she was up and about, acting as normal as could be. She is usually asleep by this time, but she claimed that no one had fed her supper, so I fixed her something (only to find out that was not true). She finally laid down. I hope tomorrow is better. I am the only one in this house with a license for CrAzY!

No comments: