Home

Sunday, November 18, 2007

La La Land

Today was a rather difficult day in the world of "Moma". I let her sleep until about 8:30, while I got myself ready for church. I got her oatmeal and coffee ready, woke her up, and gave her her morning meds. She was a little groggy, but seemed to be ok. We explained to her that we were going to church and we would be back soon. A friend had called that morning to say he was in the ER about to have emergency surgery, so we wanted to get home quick to check on him. We came home after the choir special (we both sing in the church choir), and found her sitting on the couch seemingly normal. After I fed her lunch, things begin to go down hill.
She asked the same questions every 30 minutes or so. She is obsessed with her bowels!! I know, I know that is an old people thing, but it drives me crazy!!! I found her in the bathroom as lost as a goose. She called my sister Dorothey (her niece's name), and kept talking just crazy. She would not sit down, and followed me every where. She asked a million questions about everything I did. I felt like I had a 4 year old with me. I took her bedside commode out to spray it off with the hose, and air it, and she drove me crazy about bringing it in. I finally had to towel it off, and bring it in to shut her up! I admit, I lost my cool with her here. She knew I was ticked off. She wanted to call my sister, but couldn't tell me why. She rearranges my bathroom every time she visits. She drank 2 pots of coffee (decaf) and I could NOT fill her up today. She ate and ate and ate!!! She continues to feed my dogs table food, after I have begged her not to! She called my name a thousand times. She keeps telling me to get what I want out of her house (like is she going to burn it down? I mean, where is it going?). Then she starts that conversation about selling it. She snapped my head off several times. Thank goodness, my sister came up to sit while we went out to eat. I needed the break! I was tempted to not come home. If it weren't for my dogs, I might not have!
Lord, give me strength for tomorrow!

No comments: