Home

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!!!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!

I let Moma sleep late today. She didn't eat breakfast until 9:30! I wanted her to watch the parade with me, but she wasn't really interested. She wants the TV up loud (I am talking deafening loud), but when I turn it up, she begins to talk to me. I get so exasperated with her, but I know she cannot help it.

My sister had planned to come and get her to spend the day with them. They don't have Thanksgiving dinner until night time, so she thought Moma would enjoy being in the kitchen with her while she prepared the food. (I am not so sure about that) I ended up having to take her up there around 11:15 as we went to my in-laws for Thanksgiving at the Paynes!

When we got home and while she was away, we rearranged the den for the Christmas tree, and moved Moma out into a bedroom. I went to her house and got her coffee table to go by the futon for her, and a small table for her pictures. I just want her to feel at home here. I brought her Bible, some family pictures, her personal items, and some more robes.

Needless to say, they brought her home right smack in the middle of Grey's Anatomy!!!!!!!! (augh!) She had a fit! I knew she was unhappy about the move, but old people (and me) do not handle change very well. She had to plunder and piddle over everything to make sure we hadn't screwed anything up (lol). I laugh but I am very "grabby" about my things. So, I totally understand. (Note to self: make notice of other like traits, I think I am Moma, Jr.). She was finally ok with the move, but her mind began to wander. I knew when she found out we'd been to her house, she would start thinking. Now, I have just finished a 30 minute one sided conversation about dividing up her things, but letting her go down there and look over her "place" first.

I know we will eventually have to do something with the house, but she has lived there since she was SEVEN years old!!!!!!!!! Wow! That is 87 years! (right? I am math challenged) My daddy was born in that house. My kids were 3 and 8 months inutero when we moved here. Wonder who'll be here when they are 94? I know I'll be here 'til I die. To most people, theirs is just a house that they live in. Mine is a home that has a history.

No comments: