Home

Monday, November 19, 2007

EEEEEEch-in'

Today I had to take my daughter with her friend and his mother to Birmingham to get Senior Portraits made. This photographer is neat and has great ideas (http://www.erinnolenphotography.com/). Anyway, I had my son come home from his apartment to "watch" his grandmother while I was gone.
When we got home, he said that she had been fine, but a little restless. She was asleep at that time. When she got up, she was very animated and jerky. I asked her what was wrong, and she said, "I'm a eeeeech-in". God love her she has AWFUL psoriasis. She wanted me to scratch her back. She kept jerking and jumping around, so I sprayed her down with Solarcaine, and gave her a Benadryl. OMG!! She went to sleep almost immediately, and slept so soundly, I thought I had put her in a coma!! But she awoke a hour or so later as confused and groggy as she could be. Watching her go down is such a sad thing.
On a funny note, I was washing dishes while she slept, and I kept hearing something clinking on the floor. I knew the dog had taken something under my bed to chew on. He has a collar with a rather large lease ring and it clinks fairly loud. Thinking I was hearing that, I promised to go clean up the kleenex or toilet paper that he had under the bed later. Anyway, my husband came home (ill and grouchy, I might add), and kicked something across the room. He turned on the light, and there in the floor smiling up at him were Moma's teeth. Yes, Shu-Shu (the dog) had stolen them from her purse! How funny is that???

No comments: