Home

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday Update

Let me back up and tell you about ALL the fun in my life. At 11:30 pm last night, I got a phone call from my crying daughter. "Mom, I am throwing up and my head is killing me". This is the child who was in a wreck Friday night. I instructed her to get in the bed and stay there, thinking maybe it was only a stomach virus but in the back of my mind thinking head injury. At 5:30 this morning I received a phone call from my sitter's husband. It seems she had taken a nasty fall and broke her leg. She went to the hospital by ambulance. I went back to bed and turned off the alarm. When I got up, I was wallowing in self pity.
My sister called and said the doctor's office said that I could bring Moma in before 11:30. It was 10:15. I started getting ready, waking her up to get ready, all while trying to make plans for a sitter for the rest of the week. I took her to the doctor's office (which is worthy of its own post) to find out that she has cellulitis. I spoke with the doctor about Rebekah's dilemma. He wants to see her in the morning, possible grade 3 concussion. (great, another day out of work)
I called to check on Sue (the sitter). She broke her leg so bad that she had to have surgery. She is a diabetic. This will be a LONG recovery. After Moma went to lie down, I busied myself trying to find a sitter. Rebekah called raising heck about having to come home to go to the doctor.
I decided to take the dogs out (for my health as well as theirs). The kittens went out too. While we were out, I noticed the neighbor's (my cousin) dog out. He is a vicious Lab. I hurried my dogs up and thought maybe the cats were on the deck. I came in and made some phone calls to prospective sitters, when I heard Gracie, the neighbor's little dog barking. I went out and saw my little white cat bowed up, so I went and got him. When I dropped him over the pet gate on the deck, he fell flat. I picked him up to discover the dog (one of them) had bitten him and his leg was broken. So, now I await Mytesa's arrival so I can take William to the vet
Just when you think nothing else can happen...it does. God give me strength.

2 comments:

cosby2 said...

I would say...what else could go wrong...but I don't dare!!! Good grief! I know how hard it is to find a good sitter. Hopefully that all works out. I sure hope Bek is ok. Be sure to give us updates. I know the "N" word has been off limits for the past couple of years, but you do have to consider YOUR quality of life also. Still in my prayers!

Lisa said...

Oh Julie. I'm so sorry.