Home

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Moma vs. Board of Education

Kerry went out of town.
I was left here with Moma.
I had a full week ahead of me.
I had to make some tough decisions.

Sigh.....Monday I had to work the ballgame. I had to be at the gate at 5:00. School gets out at 2:45, but I have afternoon duty until 3:15. I had to employ Sue to stay here until after the game. That meant a 13 hour day. Multiply that times $7 per hour. So when I found the next day that I was expected to attend the Board of Education's annual meeting at my school, I wanted to cry. I could NOT afford another lengthy day with a sitter, so I plotted and schemed about what to do. I even called my sister and was going to ask her to let me make a granny drop at her office at 4:30, but got her voice mail. So....I had the sitter dress up the little princess and I took her with me. My precious friend Kelli, who was at home with a sick child, committed to come and help me with Moma. I arrived fairly early, and we got her settled in my office with snacks and a glass of water. I turned on the news and told her to stay in there and be good, and I'd take her out to eat. We left the door cracked and she would wave at us during the meeting. I had to get up and turn off the lights for a presentation and when I looked back, there she stood in the doorway, peeking around to see what was going on. I flagged Kelli and said, "Go get her!!" Kelli tackled her and got her back into my office, but not before she talked OUT LOUD about were we through yet and what was going on. Other than that, she was good. When the Board went into executive session, we got up and left. We took the princess to DQ and got her chicken fingers and ice cream. She was thrilled!!! Of course, she was going to bring home all the ketchup and ranch dressing that we didn't use. Kelli had to swear that she wanted it. Moma made her wrap it up in a million napkins and put it in her purse. Ugh......(why do old people steal that kind of crap?)
But, she was good and slept all night!

No comments: