Home

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Estate Sale

My husband's aunt died recently and he and I went out to her house shortly afterward to see all the "treasures" she had collected over the years. She was an avid bowler and lived and loved life to the fullest! (RIP Aunt Dot). We saw several things that we thought we might like to have when her things were put up for sale.
The estate sale is tomorrow, so Kerry's parents let us come out there tonight and look after they had priced everything. We took the princess. She sat in a chair for a little while, but soon got up carrying on about how she had "dishes like these" and so on. I was busy looking and not paying her any attention. The next time I saw her, she had gathered her up some crocheted house shoes and a little glass dog. She had rounded up a dollar and wanted to pay for her purchases. I tried to talk her out of the house shoes because I was afraid she would slip and fall in them. She barked back at me, " I bought these for someone else!" I said, "who?" She said, "all my grandkids!" (What am I? mince meat?) Of course, Kerry and his mother were encouraging her. She asked Kerry if he would bring her back to "this store when she gets some money".
We got in the car to go home (after she demanded a bag for her purchases), and she pointed to the numbers on the car's radio and said, "What prices are those?" I said, "Moma, that is the time". Help me....

No comments: