Home

Monday, September 14, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

Actually only rainy days get me down, Mondays are okay! lol I always loved to hear Karen Carpenter sing. And even though it is rainy today, I am feeling much better. I think getting back into my routine helps! I am in need of structure! Loosey goosey makes me crazy.
Moma has been fine today. She ate good supper, watched her show (Wheel of Fortune) in her room, went to bed early and so far has stayed there. She gets an A today. And since she has been a good girl, I'll share something from her past.
When I was a little girl, I thought my Moma was the funniest woman in the world. We would get in her big ole black dodge (or later in her "new" Plymouth) and go all over the town. When she'd see an old man, she referred to him as an "old codger", and this made me laugh so hard it hurt. She would mock her "whiny" friends and sing to the top of her voice (out of tune). She would stop at Biff Burger and get us a cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate milk shake. I'd take the lid off my shake and dip my fries in. Yum!!! (I do this at Wendy's with a frosty! Yum again) A day on the town with my Moma always brought about adventure, usually something for me, and so much laughter my sides would hurt.

No comments: