Home

Monday, September 21, 2009

Brand New Again, but worse than ever!

Wow!! I know I have joked in the past about Moma being "brand new" but today is the worst she has ever been. It isn't as bad as when she doesn't know me, but a consistent "brand new" that isn't going away.
When I got home today she was in her bedroom. Sue said she had been cranky and complaining all day (which is getting more and more to be the norm). She got up after about 30 minutes. She thought it was 4:45 in the morning. When I told her that it was afternoon, she said, "Have I slept all day?" I reassured her that she had not. Then she asked if we were going to eat supper or breakfast. I finally got her to go back and lie down (sometimes she "resets" when she does that), while I fixed our supper. She asked if she had taken her medicine about 8 times. She asked if I had any children. She looks at stuff in my house like she has never seen it before.
When I woke her to eat, she again asked if we were eating breakfast or supper. She ate really good, but never said one word. She followed me around like she didn't know where to go or what to do. She finally sat down and asked, "Is it time for me to go to bed?" It is pitiful. She isn't hurting or doesn't seem to feel bad. She is just lost. Pain would be better than this. At least, there would be a reason.

No comments: