Home

Sunday, September 20, 2009

But Next.....

Today, I was vacuuming and polishing this beautiful oak buffet my husband's great great grandmother beamed to us by way of the death of an aunt. It turned out gorgeous! I began vacuuming the floor around the buffet where a chest had been previously. Moma, who has been underfoot ALL weekend, started talking to me. Of course, I had to turn off the vacuum. "Yes m'am?" She said, "Hon, that looks real good and I'm glad you got that, but next you need to clean off that table". UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did I ever get by without her infinite wisdom and help???
She has literally been up under me all weekend. She has run her hands over everything in this house at least twice. We have had a discussion about everything hanging on my walls and in my house. My favorite question this weekend..."Do y'all sleep down here? (referring to the den)" After I told her that we slept in our bedroom. She then said, "Well where is it?" Precious.

No comments: