Home

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hateful

This afternoon when I got home, Moma was asleep. Sue reported that she had been a little nasty at lunch over (what else?) feeding the dogs. Moma told her that she was the hateful-est damn thing she'd ever seen! But Sue said other than that Moma was good. When Moma got up, she came into the den where Kerry and I were watching the city council meeting on our local channel. He wanted me to hear something that happened. She wanted to talk. "Who....who is that wom-ern that stays with me?" "Sue" I answered. "Who?" "Sue!" "Jewel?" "yeah" I agreed. (This is what I do after the first repeat, I just agree) "She's hateful" I just ignored this as we were watching TV.
I got up to go into the kitchen to throw something together for supper because I had to attend a meeting. She followed me into the kitchen. "That wom-ern that comes here....what's her name?" "Moma, her name is Sue" "What?" "Sue" "Jewel?" "Yes" "Well she is hateful. She talks so ugly to me". I said, "Now Moma, she only talks hateful to you when you are ugly to her. You can be hateful too, you know." She said, "Well today she was ugly to me" I said, "Yeah, and she said you were ugly too". She said, "Well she started it". Kerry called out from the den. "Stop arguing with that four year old!" I live on the funny farm.....

No comments: