Home

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Child under foot

I am remembering what it was like having small children under my feet. That is what this weekend has been like. While I fixed her breakfast, she stood between me and the microwave, between me and the coffee maker, stood right where the refrigerator opens so I would knock her down if she didn't move. I tried kindly suggesting that she go sit down. She wanted to look out the window in the HEART of my kitchen work area. Ugh!
Later, I sat down at the den table to work on a scrap book. Here she came. She had to pick up every picture (forget laying things out in order), asked 40 questions about each one, all the while grunting and/or coughing in my ear. Once she yawned and did that "old person" thing where they holler with the yawn right in my ear! I seriously wanted to open the french doors and shove her out! Not only did it startle me, but it hurt my ear.
I have caught her twice this weekend standing on my front porch leaning down to pick dead leaves off my plants that line my STEPS!! I could see her head first rolling down the steps. I only hope I am that agile when I am old (er)! She was reaching to the 3rd potted plant (down three steps) with her feet planted on my porch. I would have fallen myself if I tried to do that.
Too bad this long weekend has not been restful for me! But I have a little beach trip coming up, so I'll make up for it!!

No comments: