Home

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sigh..........

I would love to report that we have had a great weekend, but...sigh.....

Yesterday, she patted my shoulder and said, "Hon, what was your name before you married?" I said, "Lumpkin". She said, "My boys were Lumpkins". I said, "Yes, I know Moma, I am your oldest boy's baby girl". She said, "I never knew he had any children."
Sigh...........

Her latest kick is "giving advise". Today she said, "When you go to bed at night, you need to close these doors, so them dogs don't run all over your house all night". I just said, "okay". My dogs sleep in their crates.

She told me at supper, "You need to always cut a tomato with supper if you have one. Those in that window need to be cut".

I wish I knew where she thinks she is. My den is "out there", her room is "up there" and my patio is "out in the yard".

Special note to Rebekah.....Today you closed Fiddler on the Roof. Do you know how proud I am of you? You take my breath away on that stage! I love you baby girl!

No comments: