Home

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saturday! Bath time....

Today Moma got her bath. Sound like no big deal? RE-THINK that! First of all, she had not had one since before I left for San Antonio. So, she was nearly 2 weeks past due. She took her own bath at 2 am one Sunday. Did I blog that? Don't call DHR. I was asleep. I never knew, until she admitted it. All the signs were there under my nose, in the bathroom, but I missed them. She remembered it because it scared her silly. She couldn't get out of the tub by herself. That was a God thing. He lifted her out. She promises never to do that again! I digress......
First, I have to declare bath time, and NOT back down. Then I get out a clean gown and new diaper. She is begging all the time to put it off. I take them into the bathroom, and start running water. She is still in denial that she is taking a bath, but demands bubble bath while she protests. Water run, towels in place, bath chair in the tub.....I begin undressing her. The whole time she is stepping into the tub, she is swearing that she does not need a bath, she just had one! But when her feet hit that water, and she begins soaping up those tired legs and feet. She almost melts. I soap up the rag and scrub her back. She is blissful. We soap her back at least 4 times every bath, because she loves it so much. I let her "play" in the water, while I go change her bed (I was only in the next room, Judge!). It is so like a child. I have to beg her to get out. Then we dry and dry. Then we slather lotion from head to toe. She powders her south end, and creams her face. The grossest part to me is....she used Arrid cream deodorant! I make her do that. It feels nasty. We dress her, and she sits while I lather her feet in lotion, then she puts on her house shoes. HER NEW HOUSE SHOES! You'd think she never had a new pair before. She freaks like Linus when I wash them. If the washer weren't in the basement, she would stand in front of it. This little woman has always loved two things.....a LONG bath, and a new pair of shoes! Wonder who I got that from??????

No comments: