Home

Monday, July 14, 2008

A fresh new week and a bath....

Today as soon as Moma finished eating breakfast, I went to the bathroom and started getting ready for her bath. She was furious. She swore she wasn't getting one. I tried to bathe her last night but I wasn't strong enough to fight. She won. So, I told her that there would be no arguing today. She just had no earthly idea I'd make her bathe early in the morning. She was not pleasant about it at all, and even after she got in she complained about everything. "This water is a little too hot." "Ain't you got no decent soap?" "Wash my back" "How can I wash my butt in this stupid chair?" "YOU need to cut my toenails". It was a never ending line of gripes and complaints. Of course, how I dried her was wrong. The lotion I used was cold, and I was rubbing her too hard. When I cut her toenails she hollared everytime I touched her. She hated the clippers and wanted me to use scissors (which I have none for toenails). So she gets a pair out of her drawer and starts sawing on her toenails, so I just got up and walked out on her. She saw she couldn't cut them (and she had them jagged), she started hollering for me to come back in there. I said, "Are you going to let me do this or are you going to do this?" She said, "I can't". I reminded her of the converation Kerry had with her last week that she cannot do things by herself anymore and she needs help. But that was in one ear and out the other. Today, she has not been happy about anything. But as Scarlett says, "Tomorrow is another day".

No comments: