Home

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Brady James

Last night, Brady came to spend the night. His momma and daddy were going to Six Flags today on a "grown up" trip. They brought him in with his supper, chicken nuggets from Wendy's (2 packs). Immediately, Moma was drawn to the chicken! She said, "Woooooooooo--ooooo, who's chicken?" We told her it was Brady's. She said, "Why he can't eat all that chicken!" Then she stood over him while he ate. Now Brady isn't very big, but he eats like a man. He was not parting with any chicken! She was going to wait him out. She pulled up a chair right next to him, and kept saying, "You gone eat all that? You gone get fat." I mean she was dancing around asking for it, but I told them not to offer her any because she had just eaten, and she is getting extremely greedy about food. It was so funny though to watch her in action. She finally gave up and went to bed.
But! Precious came to the breakfast table this morning at a bright and early 10:30 in her green suit. I said, "Well...where are you going?" She reported that today is her beauty shop day and Sherry would be here in a minute to get her. I replied, "Tomorrow". She said, "Awww...shit".
She has been a pistol ball all day. She was so afraid that Brady was going to eat something she didn't get. She's had 2 bowls of ice cream, cookies, chocolate milk, and tonight ate supper until I thought she would pop. I fixed Dana's famous chicken casserole and mixed veggies. Then we had cucumbers (in vinegar...ewww, but a family favorite) and cantaloupe. She is so greedy; she ate and ate!
I am listening to her on the baby monitor now telling someone to "stop it" and "......get along with one another". She hasn't felt good today, and slept more than usual. I know that when I least suspect it, she will slip away from me. And even though there are times I want to kill her, I am savoring these moments because she gave up so much of her time to raise me. And when she draws her final breath, I truly want to be thankful for the life she's led and the times I have had with her.

No comments: