Home

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Woes

You know, I have to remind myself that I started this blog so that it can be a help to someone who might be just beginning this journey or facing the potential of it. I get caught up in the funny things and totally forget the "ughs" and the "sighs..." and the frustrations of being a daily caregiver. I was faced with one of the woes this morning. I was so proud that I was out of bed and busy by 6am. I was actually going to be ON TIME for work. But, the phone rang......and my sitter shared with me that she was not feeling up to par and could I call the sub sitter.....and blah blah blah. GRRRRRRR.....................not mad at her, just that pent up frustration of "I will never be on time for work, much less early!" and "I cannot win for freaking losing!" Needless to say, I called and woke up the sub sitter who graciously agreed to come. She, of course, could not be there by 7am when I need to leave, so I had to call the assistant principal (who is also gracious about my tardies) and report that once again, I would be late. So, I am saying all this to say......you cannot plan on anything ever working to your advantage....EVER.

No comments: