Home

Thursday, January 26, 2012

As I stand over Little Precious on her bedside commode, grunting and wiping herself, I look all over the room at the family pictures....and I begin to talk to them. Yes, I will admit, crazy as it sounds, it is my new behavior. I cannot stand the total stupidity of the things I have been reduced to doing, so I have a conversation with all the deceased relatives' pictures. As she drags the toilet paper from back to front (gag), I look at my beautiful mother and say, "Mother, COME GET HER!" While she is peeing on her hand as she continues to wipe (with no knowledge of it), I look at my father...."Daddy, look at your mother! This is so disgusting. Please come and get her." I call on Aunt Thelma, Grandma Payne, and Popaw. "Seriously, y'all....(I begin), this is no longer cute. She is nasty and she has no clue what she is doing......HELP ME!" She is busy wiping herself and tossing the soiled tissue in the floor. She grunts and sighs......I am looking around the room for advocates in Heaven to go to the Father on my behalf. It is no longer for selfish reasons (See, I have grown a little through this). I know that my prissy little Moma would absolutely DIE if she were in her right mind and could see herself. I hate that she calls me "Lady" and tonight it was "Womern". I hate that she doesn't know where she lives or who she lives with. I do not enjoy her refusing to eat or take medicine. I think even in her muddled state, she is giving up. I hate it! I want to sit on her porch, count doodlebugs, drink Dr. Pepper, and laugh and laugh.......I miss her.
This morning, the Lord and I had a serious discussion about her. He knows my heart. He knows her heart. He promised it won't be long. (Of course His time table is not like mine, so I'm now asking for a date.....He is shaking his head and sighing.....) She told me at supper tonight that she was dying. I asked her when (it couldn't hurt). She said, "Tonight". We'll see........

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

Julie, To answer your C-diff question...C-diff bacteria are passed in feces and spread to food, surfaces and objects when people who are infected don't wash their hands thoroughly. It causes multiple runny loose stools a day. It often occurs days or sometimes months after taking anitbiotics that cause havoc in your colon..although not always due to taking meds. It can be passed from touching things that the infected people have been in contact with. We always had to wear gloves and those paper scrubs anytime mother had it. I just know that she probably doesn't wash her hands like she should...most older people don't. Just wanted you to be aware. Mom had it mulitple times...no fun for her or us.