Home

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Today Sunday?

Wow! Talk about a personality change....Moma got up this morning with not only her sassy britches on, but her sharp-as-a-tack britches. I was in the den when I heard her coming. Kerry was watching her from his chair. She walked straight into the kitchen, opened the cabinet, got out a coffee mug, and poured her coffee...I jumped up to get the milk because I could just see my gallon of milk flowing all over the kitchen floor. She then asked, "Today is Sunday, isn't it?" She wasn't feeble, it was matter of fact. I began my usual ritual of fixing her breakfast, when I heard...."YUCK! This coffee ain't hot! ......sitting over there on that warmer, it ought to be hot!"  I knew what was coming. "Julie! Put my coffee in that oven (microwave) and heat it up!" I did not acknowledge her fast enough. "Do you hear me???" I took the cup and placed it in the microwave with the measuring cup of water for her oatmeal. "Hey, are you fixing me something to eat?" (Urge to kill) "Yes! Did you get up on the grouchy side of the bed today?" She smirked, "I can go back to bed!" Did she think I'd be sad? This will be one of those days when nothing I do is right.

No comments: