Home

Monday, August 16, 2010

Stop the Madness

This evening, the Queen (Rebekah) called and deman.....errrr...requested that I bring her supper to her. She is having some separation anxiety since moving back, but would not admit it. So, anyway, I planned to feed the princess early, and fix the Queen's supper to be at TJ Maxx by 6:45. There was no one at home, so I knew I'd have to load up Momaw for a ride across town. Once in the car, it seemed like it was going to be a pleasant ride. She and I talked and she looked at everything we passed with interest. NO DRAMA.
Once at the Maxx, I parked next to Bek's car since her last text message had requested that I not bring in her food, but meet her at the car. She had planned to eat it in the car (but I didn't realize she meant MY car). That was not a problem, but I just didn't know it, and had gotten there 15 minutes early, so Momaw was already getting very antsy. When Rebekah finally came out, she got into the back seat, and began talking and eating her food. I watched as Momaw began working herself into a frenzy. She started complaining about being nauseated and feeling sick. Please note that Rebekah continued to talk about having no air in their apartment, the cat that got injured, blah blah blah....not that I was not interested, but there was so much more going on in the front seat. "Jeeeeeeeeesus......help  me! Help me!" She  twisted and turned, wrung her hands and threw back her head. She'd dose off and jump up and holler "HEY". Rebekah hasn't missed a beat, except to occasionally say, "I hate her". At this point, Moma was rolling her head from side to side, moaning and groaning. She looked at me with an urgency and said, "Lay yore hands on me and PRAY! PRAY!!!" I patted her hand, and continued listening to Rebekah while thinking 'how long can it take to eat a banana sandwich?' and checking my cell phone frantically because my nerves were shot, and someone was going to have to die. Moma was getting worse by the minute. I offered her a milkshake from Sonic. No, she didn't want that. She'd grab her head and holler "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" It was a performance like has never been seen! To keep from screaming, I put the car, which had been running this whole time because it is freaking HOT outside, in reverse and backed out of the parking space. I began going up and down the isles methodically. Finally, Moma looked at me and growled, "Well what are you going around in circles for?" I pulled up to the front of TJ Maxx, let Rebekah out, and pulled out of the parking lot. "Looks like you feel much better now." She had blown her cover. Regretfully she agreed. "Yeah, I'm startin' to".

No comments: