Home

Friday, April 2, 2010

A funeral and some real inappropriate behavior!

This morning I carried Moma to the funeral home for the visitation (before the funeral) of my Dad's cousin. She fussed and fumed. She didn't want to go! She didn't feel like it! She felt "worse than an ole devil". I made her get up and get dressed (which is quite a task).
We left the house with her usual antics of looking through every drawer, checking her "pocketbook". It's like she is afraid we will never be back, so she has to carry everything she might need. And then her consistent departing statement...."You'll have to hold on to me" (as if I didn't know). But all in all, she was fairly good, for awhile. The relatives all made over her and talked to her! She was IN HER ELEMENT! You know how she loves attention. One of the cousins was talking to her about her birthday and how old she would be when she proclaimed for the entire room "God is going to let me live to be a-hunderd!" (not if I am living right....). She was precious as always for everyone....she loves to show out for a crowd.
We left after about an hour of her cuteness. I asked her if she wanted me to take her to get something to eat. She said, "Can't we GO IN?" I said, "Well I guess so". We went to Dairy Queen. We ate our kids meal and I tore off the the coupon and told her that I was going to get me an ice cream and asked her if she wanted one. She said that she didn't think she wanted one. When I came back to the table with my Strawberry Cheesequake blizzard, she said, "Where's mine?" Ugh....
Then....she looked at me with that look like she has when she is about to say something totally inappropriate. "Julie......(uh oh, here it comes) that man over there by the window......is that a N&$$#@?" I nearly fell out. I looked at her in disbelief and said, "What?" (my first mistake) So, she repeated it! LOUDER! I gave her the death look and said, "Shhhhhh!! He is Black, yes. Do not use that word!" She said in her sarcastic tone, "I didn't say it loud enough for him to hear me! He's with a WHITE WOMERN!" It was Davine intervention that I allowed her to live. We began packing up her take home stuff that will sit in my refrigerator until I toss it, and she dropped the Ranch dressing (which she does not eat) and said "SHHHH-IIIITTTTTT!" She enunciated every single sound. How precious.
As I write, I am listening to her on the baby monitor cursing......randomly.

2 comments:

cosby2 said...

Well at least she behaved at the funeral home. Blizzard sounds yummy right now!! Praise God for the sunshine and warm weather :)
Maybe we can all meet for a DQ dinner w/Blizzard one night!

Anonymous said...

The new policy will allow drivers of old vans to scrap their bangers in exchange for a greatly -discounted Vauxhall models.
The issue which comes up is not knowing about
the different van or car leasing which is available and not getting to use the vehicle because of the cost associated
with the monthly payment. If a dealer tells you that it is not or unwilling to do
so… they are plenty of other vehicles and dealers that offer and
will.

Check out my homepage: Business Car Leasing