Home

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter and a fist fight

Late Saturday evening, I was preparing the Easter baskets of my ADULT children who would be highly offended if their Easter basket wasn't filled (and they still expect Christmas pajamas), when Moma came up behind me. I had to slip hers into the large sack to hide it from her. She questioned what I was doing, and kept rambling through the candy. In her gruffest voice, she said, "Gimme some candy!" I turned to her and said, "You know the Easter Bunny might be bringing you some if you'd get out of here and stop being so nosy!" She mumbled something and teetered off.
She was up and down all night long. I caught her in my bathroom about midnight just rambling around on my counter. She claimed she left something in there. I ran her out kicking and screaming. I got NO sleep.
Sunday, we went to my in-laws for lunch. There is always tons of WONDERFUL food and Moma has to have a little of all of it. She is so greedy when it comes to dinners like that. I made her go sit on the porch with me for awhile, and then had Kerry load her in the car from the front porch so she would not walk past the food again. She sat on that porch in front of all Kerry's family and sang to the top of her lungs. "Oh what a beautiful morning....oh what a beautiful day....." I told them that Rebekah would be thrilled that she was singing a show tune (Oklahoma).
But I saved the best for last. After that LARGE meal, I wasn't ready for supper, but Kerry went to Hardee's and brought our supper home. Moma ate ALL her cheeseburger and within about 30 minutes of finishing wanted ice cream. She was up and down all night wanting more and more. I had just laid down when I heard her door open. Kerry said, "Do not let her have anything but water". He knows I am a sucker. I just obey her....it's easier. She wanted milk. Kerry told her no. She proceeded toward the kitchen and promised to go to bed as soon as she had a "sup". The next thing I knew Rebekah and Kerry and Moma were in a fist fight. Rebekah was pulling her and Moma was leaning toward the wall as far out as she could. If Bek had let her go, she'd fell into the wall. Kerry had to drag her to her room kicking and screaming. LOL! Glad it wasn't me.

No comments: