Home

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Temporarily coming apart

I am having a temporary come apart! Those who know me well, know that my bath is a SACRED thing that is not to be disturbed or rushed. I do not take it lightly. My best thinking, praying, and relaxing happen in that ugly green 1960's bathtub. So, I don't think I can do the family reunion justice at this time. My blood pressure is stroke level, and my carotid arteries ache. Quick explanation: I was getting my bath water ready when I heard her door open. She came in and said, "Julie.....Julie! Did I tell you to buy me some candy?" Then she went into this long drawn out explanation about her wanting me to buy her Hershey's kisses, but she had to describe them in great detail(because I've never consumed an entire bag). Then she asked if I was about to take my bath. I told her that I was IF she was going back to her room. She assured me she was. I said, "Please stay in there until I get out, okay?" She nodded and headed out of my bathroom. I had no sooner laid down in the perfect temperature water, when I heard her door open. Expecting her to come in, I sat up, but.....NO! She was going down the hall. Covered in rage, I got out of the bath tub, put on my robe and flip flops, stormed to the kitchen where she was rambling through everything in my refrigerator. I got her what she wanted, scolded her and got her back to her room. Ahhhhh....back to my bath. About mid-soaping, I heard her door open again...NO NO NO!!!! Off she went down the hall. I pulled every muscle in my neck getting out of that tub in record speed. I said, "NOW WHAT?????" dripping water all over my floor. She was hunting her clock. AAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! At that very moment, I wanted to rip her little head off and stuff it in a kleenex box! I finished my bath with the door open and a nasty little threat tossed her way.
So, the family reunion post may wait until tomorrow or maybe I'll eat some ice cream and feel better. Wonder what kind we have?

2 comments:

cosby2 said...

I hope you're feeling better because I'm waiting for a funny "reunion" post!!! We're in Arkansas until Wednesday. I still want that whipped skin-so-soft oil for Mary. Remember to laugh...and breathe!!

Unknown said...

O how did I live without these posts? Julie Payne is a saint!!!