Home

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another Test

(Note to my new followers: Pssstttt! If you leave comments, you are just encouraging me to show out, so....do what you gotta do! lol)

Last night when I got home from my 3 mile walk (and partial run! yes!), Kerry said that Moma was in the bed and had not eaten any supper. I figured she'd get up when she realized that I was at home, but she never did. I couldn't believe it! So, this morning, I turned on the baby monitor to make sure she was breathing (seriously). It was quiet, so I went to her room and carefully opened her door (@ 7:20), and she was very still, but breathing. I let her sleep until about 9ish. I fixed her breakfast and went to get her up. When she came to the table, she was very groggy and kept squeezing her eyes shut, like she was in pain. I asked her if she was okay, she kept saying she was, but she was acting so weird. She finally got up and said, "I've got to go lay down". I had to help her get up, and watched her down the hall as she was having a really hard time walking.
She got up around 10:35 with a BANG! She was very spry, very mouthy, and completely obnoxious! Remember the nursery rhyme "Mary Mary Quite Contrary"? The only reason they used Mary is because MILDRED doesn't rhyme with contrary! OH MY GOSH SHE WAS AWFUL! Her sitter (who is off this week) came by to see her, and bring her a bottle of lotion. Moma would not get up when I went to her room and told her she had company. Sue went down to her room and talked with her a few minutes, but said, "Come down here in the den so we can visit". I told her to just leave her room or Moma would never get up. So we walked back toward the kitchen and landed there. I heard Moma mutter "shit" under her breath (through the baby monitor). When she managed to get herself up and down there, Sue had our black dog, Tubby in her lap. Moma said to the dog, "She didn't come to see you!" We laughed, and then she looked at Sue and said, "Who'd you come to see, me or her?" I said, "MOMA!!" But Sue handles her so well, she told her that she came to see all of us. Then, Moma sashayed into the den where Rebekah was on the couch asleep. Moma came back into the kitchen and barked, "She needs to get her tail up and go back to her room, if she is going to sleep!" I said, "Okay" trying to poopoo it away because I knew she was just showing out. Then, she said it again even louder. I said, "Hush! This is her house too, and she is not hurting you. You are just being ugly". She snarled her lip at me and said, "I don't care whose house this is, she orta get up from there!" Sue finally changed the subject to get her mind on something else.
When Sue left, I got busy getting her lunch ready before she had a chance to ask. When she came in the kitchen, she said, "What is that you're fixing?" I said, "leftovers from your lunch yesterday" (remember the god forsaken box she had to have?). She said, "Why ain't you eating it?" I said, "Well, I ate mine yesterday. I don't want yours". She muttered, "What if I don't want it?" I ignored her. While she was sitting down, I went about putting the dogs into the den to keep her from giving it all to them. She growled and fussed about the whole plate. The steak was too tough, and I tried to remind her that it is usually so tender, but it was tough yesterday. "Eat the potatoes" I said. "I don't want anything else" and she shoved the plate across the table. She began the VERY common argument about why can't we feed that to the dogs, and she has always fed her dogs from the table, and yada yada yada. I took her plate, and let the dogs back into the kitchen. I was eating crackers and cream cheese. She asked for one. I fixed her one and put it on a napkin for her. She started breaking off little bites feeding the dogs. I said, "Stop that!" She looked me right in the face and did it again! I snatched that cracker and threw it away. Then she did that awful thing she does. She raked her finger across her teeth and was going to let them lick her fingers. I put the dogs out. I stood over her while she finished her tea. I am telling you it is like having a 4 year old! I fussed at her, and when I walked out of the kitchen, she said, "KISS MY ASS!" I couldn't resist...I stooped to her 4 year old level and screamed "I heard that and let me tell that you can kiss MINE!" She said,"good". In a few minutes, she said, "Hey!" I looked up, not really wanting to acknowledge her. "I'm going to bed, and I'm sorry. I don't know what made me say that". I said, "Maybe when you wake up, you'll be a new person!"
She slept a good while, but when she got up, she was again, in rare form. I was trying to cook supper. Now for those of you who do not know me well, Betty Crocker and Susie Homemaker I am not. I am VERY intimidated by cooking and all the related activities (to the point of tears, seriously). Sidebar: Cheryl the cornbread turned out very good! Anyway, I digress...Moma wants to stand over me while I cook and make her little comments. "I ain't never seen anybody cut potatoes like you do" "I ain't never seen anyone cook potatoes like that" "You're cutting half the potato away" "What is that??" "I'd let that brown more if I was you" "You ought to turn that down". I was ready to scream. I put a skillet in the sink, and ran a small amount of water in it. She went over and ran the water on full blast. I went behind her and cut it off, and said, "That's enough". She muttered,"thank you", and turned the freaking water back on while looking me right in the face! AUGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! It was as if to say, "I'll do what I want to no matter what you say".
She cleaned her plate like there might not be any more, but she didn't eat supper last night and not much lunch today, so I am guessing she was really hungry. I put her in the truck to ride with me to take my sweet little aunt some of our leftovers because she lives alone and won't cook a big meal just for herself. Riding seems to calm Moma down. She came home and went to bed!
I didn't kill her today either, but I wanted to, several times. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day; a day with NO TEST!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

No matter what....you are amazing....

Julie Payne said...

Awww, but you are prejudiced! lol Love you girl..

cosby2 said...

Hang in there and I'll pray the rest of the week goes by quickly.

Cheryl said...

okay, I totally belly-laughed on this one...as a result of your excellent writing, I am picturing all of this going on in your house and boy, oh boy, this needs to be a reality show on A & E!!!

Keep 'em coming; I know it helps you and it always gives me a good does of gratitude!

Love you, wild woman!!!

Cheryl said...

dose of gratitude, i mean...lol