Home

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Too Precious Not to Share....

I have to share this even though it is totally inappropriate (Forgive me Mother). Today my grandmother went out onto the deck, pulled up her housecoat and relieved herself right on my deck! Right out there with the dogs and cats. Kerry was watching her from the kitchen. I mean, what the ??? She would die if she was in her right mind. Of course, she was probably too stressed out because her grandchildren have stolen all her money. That is what she keeps telling us. I MEAN, I AM HER GRANDCHILD!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have her money! I really don't even want it. She won't let that go. I reminded her that tomorrow she will go to the beauty shop and Sherry will get her some cash. She said, "How do you know?" (augh)
To add to the complete and total madness at my house, Kerry had a scare Saturday night. We rushed to the ER thnking he was having a heart attack. After much nitro (and headaches), and a heart cath on Monday, I am happy to report that his heart is in good shape. The stents from 2006 are still in place and look like brand new according to the doctor (McGuire). He is an awesome doctor, not unlike our precious Dr. Bonner from Anniston. Okay all you Gadsden nurses, I hope I don't offend you, but in NO WAY do you get the same quality of care at GRMC as you do at RMC in Anniston. Kerry went from 2 or 3 o'clock Sunday afternoon until 7:00 pm with NO hospital employee coming in the room. WOW! And then we only saw 1 RN, the rest were LPNs and CNAs. IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! The hospital administration should be ashamed! The floors are understaffed, and over worked! The waiting room for the cath lab was filthy and stunk. The bathroom outside the waiting room was FILTHY and smelled awful. And obviously, chest pains are NOT priority in triage at the ER. Oh, they let him into the hallway, but left us there while the triage nurse dealt with a child with a snotty nose and a cough. Hmmmm.....something about that stinks. And just to put some salt into the wound, before they would take us upstairs to his room, they came for their $100 copay. First things first.
I apologize for that rant having nothing to do with Moma, but I do NOT apologize for my feeings about that hospital stay. And to think I listed it as the hospital of choice on my children's school records. What was I thinking?

No comments: