Home

Friday, October 1, 2010

Crazy Cane

Okay, if you know me, you know that on Thursday nights during Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice I do not take phone calls or any other interruptions. My family knows not to ask ANYTHING of me. But little Mildred....she is another story. Right in the middle of Greys, she came in to ask for ice cream. I gave her a small bowl. She went back to bed. Then during Private Practice, she came back in wanting another bowl of ice cream. Kerry told her no. It is easier for me to just give her what she wants (and growl about it), than try to argue with her. Mr. Payne had his mind made up that she was not going to get anything else to eat. I was caught in the middle. She started back to the kitchen. I knew where she was headed. Sure enough, I found her rambling through my refrigerator. I was so angry, I grabbed her little arm and jerked her out of that refrigerator. She had a piece of cheese in her hand. I reached for the chocolate milk to give her and yelled at her to sit down. When I turned around, she was shaking and jerking like a raving Mr. Magoo. She had that cane drawn back and let me know that she'd knock the hell out of me. I was so mad, I grabbed the cane and threw it into the den out of her reach.I can laugh now. It was not funny then.
Today she had one of her dying spells.It was a good one too. She asked God to take her home. And I seconded it!

No comments: