Home

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Long Weekend

Kerry and Christopher left for Panama City yesterday for some softball something or other. They will be home Sunday evening. I knew it was going to be a long weekend, so I asked my sister if she would sit with Moma Friday night and let me get out. I wanted to go to my friend's Birthday Celebration (4 years AA! So proud of you!) She was good and slept all night (so far as I know). I went to bed at 9p and finally got out of the bed this morning at 10a. lol Of course, Moma woke me up 3 times but I kept going back to bed.
Moma was a little feeble early in the day, but was good for the most part. She got up from the lunch table and all but demanded I get the rollers and do her hair. Unlike many women, I LOVE college foot ball and was watching GA and FLA and really didn't want to do hair. So, I went to the bathroom and got the curling iron thinking, I'll get this over with quick! LORD!!! It's like trying to style a monkey's hair. She turns her head and moves around so much if I was cutting it, she'd be bald. I burned her a couple of times (not on purpose, I swear) because she would not be still and hold her head like I had it. After I styled it she looked in the mirror and said, "Next time I'd prefer the rollers". Ugh.....
After supper, she proclaimed that she was going to bed. (HA) I gave her the "night night" medicine, hoping she really would. She literally opened her door and came out of her room 6 times in a row. It was like a child fighting sleep. I had opened up a "project" and had it spread out on the kitchen table. I just put it up and decided to do that little project at school. She went back to her room, and I went to the basement to do laundry. Like clockwork, I heard her cane on the floor over my head. She was up!  Ugh! Then, she went back to bed and I made a dash for the bathroom  to get my bath. I had no sooner soaped up when I heard her door open. She was up! I hurried and got out to find her rambling through the refrigerator. She had a bag of pecans with one hand jammed all the way in up to her elbow! I snatched the bag from her, ready to rip her head off, and she looked up at me and said, "Please can I have something to eat?" Like a freaking homeless person. I guess I am paying for her good behavior and my little outing last night. I may double dose her night time meds!

No comments: