Home

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tired

This afternoon, I decided to lie down and take a quick nap before Mr. Payne came home. Moma was in her room, and Christo was on my laptop. I just got settled down, when I heard her door open. She made more than one trip past me, whacking me with that %&@# cane and yelling, "You won't sleep at all tonight if you don't get up!" Whatever...I finally got up.
I am so tired. Her dying spells are getting to more dramatic (exhausting...for ME), she is becoming more and more demanding. If she has a good day, then she hunts a fight all night. If she has a bad day....she is bad all night. She asks 10 times more questions than this time last year, and the answers are ALL followed by "Huh?" or "What?" Repeat everything you say just one time for an hour, and see how tired you become. So, I speak very little. I'm getting really good with body language.
If you are a praying person, I covet your prayers at this juncture in my life. I am under so much stress. There are just too many demands placed on me from all directions. I do not like myself right now because I am really not handling things with laughter like I used to. Pray for the anger and resentment to subside and for the sense of humor and laughter to return.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

I'm praying for you. I know a taste of what you are going through but no idea how the day-in-day-out drama actually feels. I see it take it's toll on my mom and aunt. You are strong because you are in Christ. Let him take over.

Don't know if you listen to Mark Driscoll (Mars Hill Church) but he is awesome. I listened to this sermon about Mary vs Martha today and your post reminds me of it... http://castroller.com/podcasts/MarsHillChurch/1841530-Mary%20And%20Martha

I pray Moma will give you some time to listen to it :)

Julie Payne said...

Thank you Ashley!