Home

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bits and Pieces

I haven't really been faithful to the blog lately. I'm just out of sorts because it is summer and I have no schedule and everything to do is on that "Oh, I've got plenty of time to do that. I'll get to it in a minute" plan. And being extremely ADD, I never get to anything. But....even though I am in laid back mode, Moma is NOT. She has been so busy and annoying and irritating these last few days that I am publicly announcing that I do not like her (for now anyway).

She has been on that "Do you think I need a perm'nt" kick for several weeks and we have put her off because her beauty shop charges $72 for a perm!!!!! And I understand that she has troll doll hair and it isn't easy, but please.....so I put her off until her SS check hit the bank. (Cha-ching) It isn't much, but at least we won't go to jail over her getting a perm. So, Monday she started her long drawn out tirade of asking about getting a perm, and going to the beauty shop, and who is going to take her, and on and on and on....you can imagine. By Tuesday it was in an epidemic state. She wanted me to call the lady at 7 am. Yes, I didn't hit the wrong key. Then at 8 am. I had to make her mad to get her to hush. She threatened to call herself. I told her if she did, she wouldn't go. She screamed at me over and over about calling the poor woman who has to tame the troll. I finally got her last night about 8:30. Of course, by then, I had lied and told Moma that I had talked to her and she said, "okay". That did not stop Mildred. At 8:00 last night, she stood over me until I called her again and confirmed the time. She literally wears me out. Sometimes I win these things and most of the time, she does. So, as I type, the princess is at the beauty shop, getting a perm, eating snacks and drinking coffee. Good grief!

No comments: