Home

Saturday, July 17, 2010

2010 Family Reunion only a memory now

She got up bright and early this morning. She remembered that we had something to do today, but couldn't put her finger on it. I laid in the bed and listened to her clomp through the house. Finally, I got up and she asked (as if I have never done it before) "Hon, could you fix us some breakfast?" Ugh....I don't speak in the mornings if I don't have to, but you can't just answer her because it is automatically followed with "huh?" which I think is more habit than hearing trouble. During breakfast, she began the tiring repetition of questions.
"Is today Saturday or Sunday?"
"Are you going to take me to that family reunion?"
"What time do we have to be there?"
"Who's gone take me?"
She repeated this series of questions until I swear I was about to lose it.

When we were ready to leave, I had to practically drag her out of the house. She waits until the last minute to fill her purse with everything she can cram in it from her room. She'll check herself in the mirror, go to the bathroom, and then one more time, check that purse. It's awful, but I have to just get ugly and make her leave. (Yes, I take her by the arm and say "Let's go")

(Note: I am editing a post that I haven't posted yet and am not sure how it will post, so I'll detail her behavior in another post....Just FYI)

No comments: