Home

Friday, June 25, 2010

Don't Be A Tumbleweed...

This year our church VBS was Saddle Ridge Ranch. One of our songs was "Don't be a tumbleweed" and it's one of those songs that I cannot get out of my head. I've gone around the house all week singing it. Tonight Moma got to hear it....yep, she went to Bible School.
Mr. Payne is out of town and both the kids had plans. My sister's VBS is this week too, so I had no choice. I dressed the little princess up and off we went. She worried that we had not eaten supper. I had to keep telling her that we'd have supper at church. She thought we were going to revival.
When we got there, I got her settled and got her a plate and drink. She started that same ole game of "you want this?" because what she doesn't want has to be removed from her plate right away.Then we went to the worship rally. I got her settled in a pew to the side, and went to be with my kids. I watched her throughout the rally. She dug in her purse pretty much the whole time (I guess that is where I got it). She was really a good sport about the whole thing. Carolyn Oakes was so sweet to sit and talk with her while I went through my Bible School paces.
On the way home, she was as confused as she could be. Once we got home, she was busy as a bee, and IN TO EVERYTHING!!!! And to think, on the way home, I was feeling so sweetly about her.

No comments: