Home

Monday, June 14, 2010

Birthday Girl


I would love to report that she was a sweet birthday girl, but...that lasted about 15 minutes. My sister and I gave her a little cash for her birthday, but my mother-in-law gave her twice what we gave her. She was thrilled! If there is anything she loves better than eating, it is money. She squealed like a little girl when she opened Glenda's card. We ate supper and she was so sweet and appreciative for about 5 minutes.....then out popped the REAL Mildred.
"This cantaloupe is green....who bought this?" "You cooked these pork chops too long! I can't eat them!" "Ewww! what is that?" and if all this wasn't enough....She asked my father-in-law how old he was. When he answered, she said, "Is that all?" She was nasty about me putting up her plate for her to finish later. She was awful about cutting the birthday cake. She didn't want her picture made (and you can see why with the troll doll hair). I had to make her mad to get her in the bed. I AM SO OVER THE BIRTHDAY! She literally sucks out all the joy of trying to do something nice for her. I need to get out Dr. Dobson's book and read it again (The Strong Willed Child).

No comments: