Home

Monday, January 4, 2010

Radar

If you are a long time reader, then you have heard about the built in radar Moma has when it comes to you sneaking food. But there is another type radar that needs addressing. This has really become a problem lately.
You know how you can catch something on the news and suddenly want to tune in to it? OR how you plan your evening so that you can watch your favorite show after everything has been accomplished?
NO MORE! Thanks to Moma's newly developed radar.
Just try to watch a TV show or listen to a newscast in her presence. She will call your name, ask random questions, or request something from you just as soon as you zone in. And this does not stop with one interruption. She'll pause, make you think she is finished, just long enough for you to zone in again. And Bingo! She is running that mouth again. Never fails.
At least she continues to develop new irritations on a fairly regular basis so there is no chance of getting bored with the old ones. Sad thing though, she never stops the old ones. She just adds to them.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

wow...
I don't know you but I think we have a couple of mutual friends which is how I stumbled on your blog. I have been praying for you a lot lately. I can't imagine how difficult it is to do what you are doing.

My grandfather is moving in with my mother today. We call him "Da". I forsee some version of the "Da Diaries" in the near future.

You are an inspiration. Thank you for the laughs and tears.

Julie Payne said...

Ashley,
How precious your comment was to me. Your prayers are very much appreciated! Who are our common friends?
My whole purpose for writing this was to give other people insight for this situation (and to give me an outlet that would keep me from killing her! lol)

Ashley said...

I know Mark Harris is one. We may have others. Stay strong and hide the knives :)