Home

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Never take it for granted

Tonight was my Wednesday night to go to church. I called the church to make sure service had not been canceled due to this freezing weather and threat of snow (Brr...). We have a new pastor, and I had made a solemn promise to myself (and God) that when we got a pastor, I would go back to Wednesday night prayer service on my night. My heart was blessed. The minute I sat down, my heart began to fill up. My eyes were getting teary. Then Bro. Jay delivered the greatest Bible study on the 10 Commandments, and shared some insights that I had never thought of or heard before. I felt so blessed just being in God's house. I am so looking forward to being able to go "every time the door opens" again. I am ready to work in church again. I love my Sunday School class, but promised the Lord that when I can come back, I'll do whatever He wants me to do (which I am so afraid will involve children again, but Hey! I will be his vessel.) My main thought in this post is that I want to seriously urge you to NEVER take your simple daily freedoms for granted. I cannot even run to the store without making arrangements, as someone has to be with Moma all the time. Embrace your freedom and GO TO CHURCH every chance you get!
When I got home, Moma was standing in the kitchen looking really confused. She said, "There you are." I said, "What? You knew I went to church. Where is Kerry?" She said, "He ain't here, nobody is. Do you know anything about the others?" I said, "Who Moma?" She answered, "Kerry or Sherry...." As it turns out, Kerry was in the bathroom. lol And for some reason, she keeps expecting Sherry to be here. lol I promptly handed her the "bedtime" meds.

No comments: