Home

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Laughter

Laughter is so important to me. It always has been, and my grandmother is a big reason that I love to laugh. She and I have been big buddies all my life. She'd tell me stories about when she was young (and mean). I'd laugh and laugh at her. My mother would say, "She's showing out now" when she'd get on a roll with her old stories. I loved them, and cut my teeth on them. I've heard them so many times that I can tell them with her word for word.
Moma had a very stressful day. She was a little nervous and confused because of some outside sources, but when we sat down at the table to eat, she came to life! I don't know if she had so much relief to be at home with us, or if she just had a random sane moment, but she started talking and laughing. She had us hysterical! Then I started asking her questions about the stories she had told me all my life, and to be quite honest....for the first time in a LONG time, it felt like my little grandmother was living again. She remembered them all and told them EXACTLY the way I remembered them. We laughed and laughed! The more we laughed, the more she talked. It was precious! My goal....to get her to tell the stories again on video before the angels come for her.
Tonight was truly a blessing!

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

I'm so glad to hear that you got to enjoy the Moma that you remember. Try to hang on to the "good times" and memories. It seems almost everyday something happens to me that sparks a wonderful memory of either my mom or dad. When memories are all you have left....they are dear!