Home

Friday, November 14, 2008

In Search of Marie.........

One of our new obsessions is Marie. Marie has been dead for YEARS! In fact, she may have even died before her mother did (Her mother being Aunt Grace). "Has Marie and them been by here today?" was her question this afternoon when I got home. Personally, I hope Marie hasn't been by. I never cared for Marie, but then again, I didn't really know her all that well. Her sons were fun. I think one was close to my age. We played a good bit together over my aunt's house. I was never close to any of Aunt Grace's grandchildren, and I don't know why. Marie's boys were it. Never really knew the others. Maybe they were older than me. Moma is the baby, and Aunt Grace was older than her. But anyway, if you have a Marie sighting, please let us know.

Another thing that is happening is "they" and "us". She is constantly saying, "They want us to do this or they want us to keep the door closed", etc. Kerry asked her tonight, "Who is THEY?" She couldn't answer. She just looks blankly at me. Of course, he got on her so bad tonight about everything, she asked me to tell him to "Shet-up". lol I told him that for once, HE was getting on HER nerves! His answer? It's about time.

1 comment:

cosby2 said...

I think I saw Marie at Collinsville Trade Day this morning. It was drizzling rain and she had a rain bonnet on...so it was hard to tell. :)