Home

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Oh How I Love Jesus!

Moma's good days have dwindled to good moments. She hasn't had many lately. She is either extremely crazy or sad and lost. Today she has mostly been sad and lost. I know she asked me 25 times where her mother is (who died in 1959). Last night, Rebekah got so upset because she was so lost and sad. It has been bad today too. This afternoon, she called me into her bedroom, and she was jerking and stomping her feet. She said, "Come get me and make me be still". Never heard that request before, so I sat on the edge of her bed, and said, "What can I do?" She said, "Hold me". So I did. She begin to say, "Jesus loves me, did you know that? He does!" Finally, she laid back on her pillow, and was just praising God for His goodness, and raising her hands toward Heaven. But then....she began to sing (a very crude attempt, but so sweet to hear).
Oh, How I Love Jesus
Oh, How I Love Jesus
Oh, How I Love Jesus
Because He First Loved Me
Then, she began to sing many songs that I have heard her sing over these last 49 years. She even said, "Oh I wish I could sing". I sat by her side, praying and crying; clinging to the precious memories that I have with this little woman and only hoping that I can be half as good as she has been. She drifted off to sleep so peacefully with a sweet smile, and the last thing I heard her say is "Jesus".

No comments: