Home

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spring Break

Several funnies have happened over spring break. Here they are:

Moma has had a UTI which makes her very confused and crazy! The other morning as she finished her breakfast, she began motioning her hand as if to tell me to come to her. I moved toward her, and she said, "I'm ready to go". I said, "Go where?" She said, "You know..." I said, "no, I don't, where are we going?" She said, "to hang up those clothes." I said, "HUH?" She said, "you know, Evelyn's clothes" I said, "Moma, Evelyn has been dead for several years". She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "I KNOW". Duh..

I have changed her sheets SEVERAL times this week, as she has made a habit of taking off her diaper and not putting another on. Then, well, you know.....so anyway, I was getting ready for bed, and thought I had better go check her for a diaper. She had "boo boo" on her housecoat. I said, "Why do you have mess on your housecoat?" Of course, she said, "Whaaaat?" so I practically screamed...."WHY IS THERE DOO DOO ON YOUR HOUSECOAT?" She said, "Oh that ain't doo doo". I said, "No? what is it?" She said in an almost whisper, "It's black sut" I said,
"I don't think you built a fire in the fireplace today, it is DOO DOO". She said, "Well I didn't do it". I said, sarcastically, "Well then, who in the heck did?" She smirked at me and said, "them dogs". I just laughed and said, "No my dogs did NOT do it". A few minutes later, Rebekah came into the room and said she heard Moma say to Shula, the pekingese, "STOP DOO DOOING ON ME!!!!!" precious, huh?

Kerry was watching the Braves, and like most little old ladies, Moma said, "Oh good, a ballgame" (Why do old women love the Braves?) Anyway, she was snoozing good, and Kerry said, "HEY! Are you watching this ballgame?" She nodded her head yes. He said, "Well who is winning?" She said, "Kojak". Just reached right up into the clouds for that one.

Rebekah was having to guard the door to keep Moma from letting the dogs in while she was eating (because she won't eat and will feed them her food). After a power struggle, she looked at Rebekah and said, "Grace hadn't ever told me I couldn't let my dogs in her house!" And I thought I was Helen....now I am Grace (another dead relative).

I am sure there is more, but I am tired. So I must get some sleep. Tomorrow is Sunday, and I am going to church with my husband! My precious friend, Kym Dyer, is coming at 9:00 to Moma sit, so we can go to church together! I love you for that Kymberly! You are precious!

More to come................same bat time, same bat channel.

No comments: