Home

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Fallen and Can't Get Up

This has been the week from "you know where". State standardized testing really has gotten out of hand. Anyway, I am glad it is over. I am not back 100% at myself since having the flu, and it really wore me out every day.
Thursday afternoon at about 2ish, my sister called me at school to say that Moma had fallen in the kitchen floor and hit her head. She was vomiting and having "the other" too. So, she had instructed my niece to call 911, and she was leaving work. She told me to stay put until she found out more. She called back in about 20 minutes to say that the ambulance was in route to the ER and for me to meet them there. Since I am only a couple of blocks from the hospital, I beat them all there. When they brought her in, she had "vomit and ..." all over her clothes. She was a little outdone and kept saying that nothing hurt and this was all unnecessary. The ambulance driver left a copy of the medic report on her bed. I read it.....I swear....it said...."Fallen and can't get up". I thought.....how original.
Doctor came in and long story short. No need or CT scan, head is okay, but she did have the flu and another UTI (which accounts for her falling). Great.....
So, ask me this time next week......because she is grouchy, defensive, and mean! Thank God she is sleeping a good bit. She has a terrible cough, and I know how bad she feels. I've been there.

No comments: