Home

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My people

Last night, I could not get Moma to lie down in her bed. She was sitting straight up. When I went in to her room, she kept acting like she was watching TV and did not want to be disturbed. So, I went into the study and got on the computer. I heard this banging and knocking, so I got up to investigate. She was taking pictures off the wall. She said, "These are mine". I said, "I know, but I hung them up in YOUR room for you to have". She shook her head no and said, "I'm taking them with me". I said, "Well, where are you going?" She said, "to where I live, I'm going home". NO amount of debate could convince her that she lives here. Finally she said, "I've called some of my people and they are coming to get me". I was getting a little impatient with her by this time, because it was bedtime! I leaned in real close, and said, "Moma, I am tired. I want to go to bed, and I cannot because you are not in bed. Please lie down." She smiled and said, "Hon, I appreciate your kindness, but my people are coming." AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I left her sitting straight up.

No comments: